Section 1 GENERAL:
There shall be "Regular Members", "Associate Members", “Supporting Partners”, and “Life Members” of NYSSIU, as defined below. Regular members of NYSSIU must also be members of IASIU.
Section 2 DEFINITIONS & QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Regular Members must be qualified as:
1. an insurance company employee whose primary purpose is the full-time investigation of insurance fraud and/or supervision of insurance fraud investigation; or
2. an employee of a self-insured corporation who is employed and assigned to a Special Investigation Unit and whose primary purpose is the full-time investigation of insurance fraud and/or supervision of insurance fraud investigation; or
3. any agent of the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB).
B. Associate Members must be qualified as:
1. a local, state or federal law enforcement officer who is involved in and/or provides special expertise or services for the investigation and/or prosecution of insurance fraud or;
2. a local, state, or federal agency employee who is involved in and/or provides special expertise or services for the investigation and/or prosecution of insurance fraud; or
3. a local, state or federal law enforcement prosecutor who is involved in and/or provides special expertise or services for the prosecution of insurance fraud crime; or
4. a full-time investigator or investigations supervisor of the New York State Insurance Frauds Bureau; or
5. an insurance company employee who is involved in and/or provides special expertise or services for the investigation of insurance fraud or; 6. an employee of a Third Party Administrator/ General Agency who is involved in and/or provides special expertise or services for the investigation of insurance fraud.
C. Supporting Partners must be qualified as:
1. An owner or employee of a business that provides special expertise or services to insurers, prosecutors or governmental agencies for the detection, investigation and/or prevention of insurance fraud.
D. Life Members shall include those individuals nominated by any Regular member, and approved by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the Board of Directors, based upon the following minimum qualifications:
1. the individual must have been a Regular or Associate member of NYSSIU for ten (10) years; and
2. the individual must have rendered distinctive service to NYSSIU through participation on committees and/or service as an officer or director for a minimum of five (5) years.
Life membership is to recognize outstanding contributions of those Regular and/or Associate members meeting the above minimum requirements. A Life Member shall have all the rights and privileges of a Regular Member without payment of annual dues. Nominations may be made at any time, and life membership status will be conveyed at the next quarterly meeting following the favorable vote of the Board of Directors.
NYSSIU encourages all members to be active in IASIU and other state and local fraud fighting organizations.
Join us at our next meeting:
Thursday, July 13, 2023, Joint meeting with NYACT at The Thayer Hotel, West Point, NY
Click here for more info.
***SAVE THE DATES***
October 6, 2023 -- Joint NYSSIU and NYACT conference at Turning Stone Resort Casino, Verona, NY
PO Box 425
Greenlawn, NY 11740
Or use our contact form.
To report insurance fraud confidentially click the button above, which will direct you to a page with toll-free phone numbers to call.